Last modified: February 17, 2018
This policy describes:
- The types of information we may collect or that you may provide when you register with, access and/or use the LubbDubb Services.
- Our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect when you use the LubbDubb Services and, in e-mail, text and other electronic communications sent through or in connection with the LubbDubb Services.
This policy DOES NOT apply to information that:
- We collect offline or on any other Company apps or websites, including websites you may access through the LubbDubb Services.
- You provide to or is collected by a third party (see Third-party Information Collection), including if you visit the personal or professional website of any studio or instructor you may purchase classes from through the LubbDubb Services.
We are not responsible for the use of your Personal Information (as defined in Section 4) by a third party or Provider (as defined below); any such use will be subject to that party’s applicable privacy policies. Any other websites and apps and third parties may have their own privacy policies, which we encourage you to read before providing information on or through them.
2. Children under the Age of 13.
The LubbDubb Services are not intended for children under 13 years of age, and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under 13. If we learn we have collected or received Personal Information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
3. Information We Collect and How We Collect It.
We collect information from and about users of the LubbDubb Services:
- directly from you when you provide it to us, including when you create/register an account;
- from third parties (such as Facebook) when you use their services to create/register an account for the LubbDubb Services, or access an existing account; and
- automatically when you use the LubbDubb Services.
4. Information You May Provide to Us.
Upon download, account creation or registration and/or use of the LubbDubb Services, we may ask you to provide information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, IP address or location, credit card information and other information that the LubbDubb Services collect that may be defined as personal or personally identifiable information under an applicable law ("Personal Information");
- that is about you but individually does not identify you. This information includes, for example:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms in the App or Website (this includes information provided at the time of registration for the LubbDubb Services, subscription, posting material and requesting further services).
- We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with the LubbDubb Services, including records and copies of your correspondence relating to the problem.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through the LubbDubb Services and of the fulfillment of your orders.
- Financial information you may be required to provide before posting a class, or purchasing a class, through the LubbDubb Services.
- Your search queries on the LubbDubb Services.
You may provide information to be published or displayed ("Posted") on public areas of websites you access while using the LubbDubb Services (collectively, "User Contributions"). Your User Contributions are Posted and transmitted to others at your own risk. We cannot control the actions of third parties with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
5. Automatic Information Collection and Tracking.
When you download, access and use the App or visit the Website, it may use technology to automatically collect:
- Usage Details. When you access and use the LubbDubb Services, we may automatically collect certain details of your access to and use of the LubbDubb Services, including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on or through the App and Website.
- Device Information. We may collect information about your device and internet connection, including the device's unique device identifier, IP address, operating system, browser type, mobile network information and, if applicable, the device's telephone number.
- Stored Information and Files. The LubbDubb Services also may access metadata and other information associated with other files stored on your device. This may include, for example, photographs, audio and video clips, personal contacts and address book information.
- Location Information. The LubbDubb Services may collect real-time information about the location of your device. The collection of the location of your device allows the app to determine which classes and services are within your geographic range.
- Activity. The LubbDubb Services collect information about your experience of the LubbDubb Services, including how you may access the LubbDubb Services, and the search terms you enter through the LubbDubb Services.
If you do not want us to collect this information, do not use the LubbDubb Services.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your activities over time and across third-party websites, apps or other online services (behavioral tracking). Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for information on how you can opt out of behavioral tracking on or through this app and how we respond to browser signals and other mechanisms that enable consumers to exercise choice about behavioral tracking.
The technologies we use for automatic information collection may include:
- Cookies (or mobile cookies). A cookie is a small file placed on your smartphone. It may be possible to refuse to accept mobile cookies by activating the appropriate setting on your smartphone. However, if you select this setting you may be unable to access certain parts of the LubbDubb Services.
- Web Beacons. Pages of the App, Website and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related app statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain app content and verifying system and server integrity).
6. Third-party Information Collection
When you use the LubbDubb Services or their content, certain third parties may use automatic information collection technologies to collect information about you or your device. These third parties may include:
- Analytics companies.
- Your mobile device manufacturer.
- Your mobile service provider.
- Our payment processor.
These third parties may use tracking technologies to collect information about you when you use the LubbDubb Services. The information they collect may be associated with your Personal Information or they may collect information, including Personal Information, about your online activities over time and across different websites, apps and other online services websites. They may use this information to provide you with interest-based (behavioral) advertising or other targeted content.
We do not control these third parties' tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see "You Choices About Our Collection, Use and Disclosure of Your Information”.
7. How We Use Your Information.
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any Personal Information, to:
- Provide you with the LubbDubb Services and their content, and any other information, products or services that you request from us.
- Send you emails, text messages, or other notices about your account, including status, expiration, renewal, class confirmations, and class reminder notices.
- Carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection pursuant to the Mobile Application End User License Agreement (“EULA”) between you and us.
- Notify you when updates are available and of changes to any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- Fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
The usage information we collect helps us to improve the LubbDubb Services and to deliver a better and more personalized experience by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize the LubbDubb Services according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you use the LubbDubb Services.
We use location information we collect to ensure that you receive geographically relevant classes and services.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third parties' goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please contact us at email@example.com. For more information, see Disclosure of Your Information.
8. Disclosure of Your Information.
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual or device, without restriction.
In addition, we may disclose Personal Information that we collect or you provide:
- To studios and instructors who use the LubbDubb Services (“Providers”), in order to offer services to you.
- To other users of the LubbDubb Services in order for us to provide the LubbDubb Services to you. This includes, for example, identifying you as a participant in class in connection with obtaining a group discount.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep Personal Information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of LubbDubb’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by LubbDubb about our LubbDubb Service users is among the assets transferred.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have not opted out of these disclosures. For additional information, please see How We Use Your Information.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you give us an e-mail address to use the "e-mail a friend" feature of our Website, we will transmit the contents of that e-mail and your e-mail address to the recipients.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including the EULA and for billing and collection.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of LubbDubb, our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
9. Your Choices about Our Collection, Use and Disclosure of Your Information.
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the Personal Information you provide to us. This section describes mechanisms we provide for you to control certain uses and disclosures of over your information.
- Location Information. You can choose whether or not to allow the LubbDubb Services to collect and use real-time information about your device's location through the device's privacy settings. If you block the use of location information, some parts of the LubbDubb Services may then be inaccessible or not function properly.
- Promotion by the Company. If you do not want us to use your e-mail address or other contact information to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
10. Accessing and Correcting Your Personal Information.
You can review and change your Personal Information by logging into the App and visiting your account profile page.
You may also send us an e-mail at email@example.com to request access to correct or delete any Personal Information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your Personal Information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
If you delete your User Contributions from the App, copies of your User Contributions may remain viewable in cached and archived pages, or might have been copied or stored by other LubbDubb Services users. Proper access and use of information provided through your use of the LubbDubb Services, including User Contributions, is governed by the EULA.
11. Your California Privacy Rights.
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits users of the LubbDubb Services that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your Personal Information from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. Personal Information you provide to us and payment transactions will be encrypted.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of the LubbDubb Services, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We also urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the LubbDubb Services. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the LubbDubb Services.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet and mobile platforms is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information transmitted through the LubbDubb Services. Any transmission of Personal Information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures we provide.
12. Information Storage.
Information collected through the LubbDubb Services will be processed in and subject to the laws of the United States, which may not provide the same level protection for your information as your home country, and may be available to the United States government or its agencies under a lawful order made in the United States. By using the LubbDubb Services, you consent to such transfer to, and processing in, the United States.
14. Other agreements.
15. Contact Information.